My kids are obsessed with Panera's mac n' cheese and if you've had it yourself you'd know why. It's creamy goodness is over-the-top and was on a quest to replicate it at home.
I'm happy to report I've found the perfect recipe, used the finest ingredients and my kids can't get enough of it! I make this mac n' cheese at home, regularly, and now you can too!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk (I used Kalona's whole vat milk)
- 2 cup heavy cream (I used Kalona's cream
- 2 cup shredded white cheddar (I used raw, white, sharp cheddar)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1lb, pasta, cooked elbow
- Cook pasta according to package directions while making the sauce. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large pot on medium high heat, add butter until melted. Whisk in the flour and cook for about one minute. Reduce heat to medium and add milk, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Continue whisking until it begins to bubble. Reduce to low and add white cheddar. Stir until melted. Add cooked pasta, stirring until combined. Remove from heat and allow to sit about 5 minutes to thicken. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Now take a bite...you've NAILED IT!! You're going to love this recipe...
Labels: copycat recipes, kids lunch, mac n cheese, panera mac n cheese, stove top mac and cheese