These are by far the best low carb bars on the planet. I've tried a lot, from homemade to the Atkins bars, um yeah, you can tell they're low carb. But these??? NO. They are that good, my kids ate them all up because they had no idea. Now I need to hide 'em!
I'm so glad I found these. Try them, you'll thank me...
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
3/4 cup equivalent powdered sweetener (Use coconut sugar for Paleo)
1 cup + 2 tbsp. peanut butter (you can use any nut butter)
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 1/2 oz. dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, and sweetener.
- Over medium-low heat (I just put the ingredients in a bowl and microwaved for 40 second increments until melted) melt 1 cup of peanut butter and coconut oil
- Once melted, add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Press the mixture into an 8 x 8 baking dish
- Over medium low heat (or use your microwave) and melt together the 2 tbsp. peanut butter and chocolate, stir until smooth and pour over your peanut butter bars. Smooth out and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set
- Cut into 12 even bars
No Bake peanut butter bars are 5.5 net carbs per serving
Labels: desserts, gluten free, low carb, peanut butter, peanut butter bars, sweet treats